New Applications and Policies
01. What factors will Sun Life Financial consider when I apply for a policy?
We will consider the insured's gender, age, occupation, health history and financial situation when you apply for a policy.
02. What should I do after receiving my policy?
When you receive your policy documents, you should:
- Read the content and provisions carefully, and promptly raise any queries with us;
- Keep the policy documents in a safe place because when a claim arises, you are required to submit all policy-related documents to us;
- Tell your family members that you are insured and where you keep the policy documents.
03. What should I do if I lose my policy documents?
If you lose your policy documents, please inform us immediately. You are required to make a statutory declaration to Sun Life Financial about the loss.
01. I am going to reside outside of Hong Kong. Can I pay for the premium at your company's overseas centers?
Yes, you can pay for your premium at our overseas offices in Canada, USA, the UK and the Philippines.
02. If moving overseas, do I need to transfer my policy to your overseas offices?
Our policy provides you with worldwide coverage. You need not transfer your policy to our overseas offices. Please inform us of your new address so that all correspondence can be redirected and you can receive professional services wherever you are.
01. What are the factors I need to consider when replacing an existing policy?
We strongly advise you to carefully consider the potential drawbacks of replacing an existing policy, particularly when it involves a lifetime protection. Some questions to ask:
- Will the new policy provide you with the same level of returns and guarantee values as the existing policy?
- Will you get continuous coverage from the new policy (as some new policies have a waiting period)?
- Will the replacement incur extra charges?
- Will the new policy require an extra medical examination or increase in premiums?