To show you care for your employees and to meet your needs as an employer, we offer tailor-made group health plans and specially designed package plans.
Your employees are the key to your success. Show them you care by offering them Sun Life’s group health insurance benefits. We conduct a comprehensive study of your employees’ insurance needs before offering you tailor-made group health insurance plans and specially designed package plans.
Some of the key features of our tailor-made plans are:
- Client-oriented and tailor-made plans that suit the needs of companies of different sizes, from SME to multinational corporations.
- Comprehensive hospitalization and out-patient covers
- Simple application procedure with no proof of health nor underwriting is required under most tailor-made plan settings
- Easy administration - claims will be paid directly to the employees' designated bank account. Before policy renewal, a detailed claims report will be provided for employers' information
- Injuries arising from terrorism are covered
- Complimentary Sun Life Financial Privilege Care Card
- Quality medical services provided designated medical networks and physicians. Sun Life only partners with reputable medical network and medical services providers with consistent quality reviews
- All benefits can be extended to your employee's spouse and children at an affordable cost
- 24-hour worldwide cover
Some of the benefits of our tailor-made plan:
- Hospitalization and Surgical Expenses Benefit, including room and board, surgical fees and miscellaneous hospitalization expenses
- Optional Supplementary Major Medical Benefit
- Out-patient Clinical Expenses Benefit, including doctor's consultation fees, physiotherapy and chiropractic treatment as well as diagnostic X-ray and laboratory tests, which are referred by a general practitioner
- Optional Maternity Benefit
- Optional Dental Benefit
Administration Service Highlights
- Quote your Group Medical Policy Number in all your correspondence to us.
- The employee’s Hong Kong Identity Card Number will be used as the certificate/reference number of the member/insured
- Enroll an employee/dependent within two (2) months upon he or she becomes eligible to join the Group Medical Insurance Plan.
- Advise us any changes of your employee/dependent records, using appropriate administration form, on a regular basis (i.e. weekly, bi-weekly or monthly).
- Verify all the invoices and statements and advise us at once whenever discrepancies are found.
- Send us the premium due within fourteen (14) days upon receipt of our invoice, claim payments may be delayed or suspended if premium due is not settled promptly.
- Submit all the claims to us, using the appropriate claim forms together with the original receipts, through your Personnel Department or the authorized personnel, on a regular basis (i.e. weekly, bi-weekly or monthly).
- Collect the shortfall payment within fourteen (14) days upon receipt of the shortfall reminder letter.
Health Benefit Claim Procedures
- A Group Hospitalization & Surgical Insurance Claim Form should be obtained from Sun Life.
- The patient shall advise the surgeon/attending physician to complete Part C of the Claim Form before or after the hospital discharge. However, they should be aware that some surgeon/attending physician may charge a professional fee for the completion of Claim Form if the form is completed after the hospital discharge.
- Point 2 can be waived if the staff is confined in the public ward of the Hospitals under Hospital Authority and is provided with a “Discharge Slip (Patient Copy)” with diagnosis after discharge from the hospital. We may request the claimant to provide further medical information for our claim assessment when we deem it necessary.
- The staff who joined the panel doctor scheme but had his surgery by a non panel surgeon/attending physician, his follow up consultations for the same diagnosis after the hospital discharge by the non-panel surgeon will be excluded from the scheme coverage unless such follow up was operated by the panel doctor.
- The staff is required to obtain the Group Clinical Insurance Claim Form and provide the following information to facilitate the claim settlement.
- HKID Card number
- Name of Employer (Policyowner) stated on the Group Clinical Insurance Claim Form
- For consultation in private clinic or private hospital, the original receipt must show the consultation date, name of patient, amount of expenses, diagnosis, doctor’s stamp and signature.
- For consultation in public clinic or public hospital, the Attendance Certificate / Medical Certificate must show the consultation date, name of patient, amount of expenses, diagnosis, doctor’s name and signature. Expenses over the benefit limit have to be borne by the individual staff.
Our Service Standards
We promise to offer comprehensive cover with no-hassle administration, quick claim payments and service standards you can rely on.
The above service standards apply to group life and group health insurance plans and are the target turnaround time that we strive to achieve under normal circumstances. These service standards are subject to change without notice according to the operation rules specified by us from time to time. No representation to that effect is given or intended by Sun Life Financial and we do not accept any liability in any circumstances for any loss suffered from reliance on these service standards.
Question? Request to talk to an advisor
Items marked with "*" are required fields.
Simply leave your contact and we will serve you with helpful advice!
For more product information or request for a proposal, please contact your Sun Life advisor or Insurance Intermediary.
For administration and claims enquiry, please call our Group Insurance General Hotline at
For application of Sun Life’s group insurance, please contact us at