SunHealth Medical Essential is a comprehensive medical plan offering you full reimbursement for hospitalization and surgical expenses1 in a hospital Semi-Private Room2 in Asia3. You gain access to medical assistance through our high-quality medical network in Asia, with the option of having your medical bills settled for you through our cashless arrangement4. That way, you enjoy the benefits of quality treatment without any stress.
- Full hospitalization and surgical expenses coverage1 in a Semi-Private Room up to HKD10 million/USD1.25 million per year with no limit on confinement hours
- Guaranteed renewal to age 1005 regardless of any change in your health condition and easy application process
- Cashless arrangement4 during hospitalization to focus on getting your health back
- Extensive network of hospitals and clinics with Value-Added Services6 including Medical Concierge Service, Second Medical Opinion Service, 24-Hour Service Hotline, and Worldwide Emergency Assistance Benefit for ultimate convenience
- 4 different Annual Deductible options
- Supporting you with Cover You More Benefit and CompanionCare Benefit if unfortunately diagnosed with a designated critical illness7
- These benefits are subject to an Annual Deductible, an Annual Limit, and a Lifetime Limit. Please refer to the Policy Document and Schedule of Benefits for details.
- Semi-Private Room means a single or double occupancy room with shared bathroom in a hospital.
- Asia means Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, North Korea, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam.
- Pre-approval is required for this arrangement. Approval for this benefit is subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant policy provisions and the acceptance of the Letter of Guarantee (LoG) by the designated hospitals. The giving of the LoG or subsequent LoG from Sun Life Hong Kong Limited (“Sun Life”) or our designated medical service providers shall not be deemed as admission of our liability to pay and/or reimburse the policy owner under the policy or a waiver of any breach of the terms and conditions of the policy. You may need to settle your deductible and the shortfall of your medical bill. Please refer to the Policyholder User Guide for pre-approval procedures.
- The renewal of this policy is guaranteed provided this plan is continually offered by Sun Life.
- Value-Added Services are provided by a third-party company, Inter Partner Assistance Hong Kong Limited. These benefits are not guaranteed to be renewable. Please refer to a sample endorsement, which will be provided upon request, for details including definitions, full terms and conditions, and exclusions.
- Please refer to the Policy Document regarding definitions of designated critical illnesses.
The above information is a product summary only, please contact your Advisor for details. Please refer to the respective product brochure and Policy Document for details including definitions, full terms and conditions, and exclusions. If there is any conflict between the Policy Document and this product summary, the Policy Document shall prevail.
Download product brochure of SunHealth Medical Essential.
Download China and Hong Kong Hospital List.
24-Hour Service Hotline: (852) 3183 2223
China Toll Free No. (except Hong Kong and Macau): 4001 208 905
Question? Request to talk to an advisor
You will be entitled to Starbucks Gift Certificate (valued at HK$25) if successfully completes a financial health check, which refers to submission of a Sun Life’s financial needs analysis (iPad FNA App) via Sun Life advisor (subject to terms and conditions).
Items marked with "*" are required fields.