When you change jobs, there are three options to handle your MPF accounts under the original scheme. You can:
- Transfer your MPF accrued benefits to a newly set-up personal account in a scheme of your own choice for continuous investment;
- Keep your MPF accrued benefits in a personal account in the original scheme for continuous investment; or
- Transfer your MPF accrued benefits to your contribution account in the scheme provided by your new employer
According to the regulations, if the trustee of your original scheme does not receive your instructions for handling the accrued benefits within three months after receiving the termination of employment notice, the accrued benefits will automatically be transferred to a personal account under the original scheme for continuous investment within the next 30 days.
You can submit a “Statutory Declaration on Cessation of Employment” directly to the trustee as proof of your termination from employment.
Please visit MPFA website at www.mpfa.org.hk to download the “Statutory Declaration on Cessation of Employment.”
If you have more than one personal account, you should consider consolidating them into a single account so you can take advantage of a better fee rebate arrangement, which is based on the amount of MPF accrued benefits in your account, as well as better manage your investment strategy through one account.
If you lose track of your personal accounts, you can check with MPFA. To do so, you should:
- visit the MPFA offices with your identity document(s); or
- download “Personal Account Information Enquiry Form – Scheme Member” (Form PA-SM) from the MPFA web site and mail or fax the completed form together with a copy of your identity document(s) to the MPFA. A reply letter with the trustee information for your personal account will be sent to you.
For further details, please visit MPFA web site at www.mpfa.org.hk.
If you want to compare the performance of different MPF constituent funds, please visit MyMPFChoice.com – a free performance comparative platform.
At Sun Life Hong Kong, we aim to provide excellent customer service at all times.
Customer Service Hotline
(852) 2103 8928
Pensions Services Hotline
(852) 3183 1888
(for Sun Life Rainbow MPF Scheme and Sun Life Rainbow ORSO Scheme)
(852) 2971 0200
(for Sun Life MPF Master Trust)
(852) 3183 1900
(for Sun Life MPF Basic/ Comprehensive Scheme)
Group Insurance Administration Hotline
(852) 3183 2099