Sun Life MPF Basic / Comprehensive Scheme (formerly called FWD MPF Master Trust Basic / Comprehensive Scheme )
Important Note :
- Sun Life MPF Basic / Comprehensive Scheme (the “Scheme”) each is a mandatory provident fund scheme registered with the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority. Registration does not imply recommendation.
- You should consider your own risk tolerance level and financial circumstances before making any investment choices. When, in your selection of constituent funds, you are in doubt as to whether a certain constituent fund or the default investment strategy is suitable for you (including whether it is consistent with your investment objectives), you should seek financial and/or professional advice and make investment choices most suitable for you taking into account your circumstances.
- In the event that you do not make any investment choices, please be reminded that your contributions made and/or benefits transferred into the Scheme will unless otherwise provided in the Explanatory Memorandum be invested in accordance with the default investment strategy which may not necessarily be suitable for you.
- The Sun Life MPF Basic Scheme Capital Guaranteed Portfolio / Sun Life MPF Comprehensive Scheme Capital Guaranteed Portfolio under the above Scheme invests its assets solely in an Approved Pooled Investment Fund in the form of insurance policy provided by FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (“FWD Life”). The guarantee is also given by FWD Life. Your investments in the Sun Life MPF Basic Scheme Capital Guaranteed Portfolio / Sun Life MPF Comprehensive Scheme Capital Guaranteed Portfolio, if any, are therefore subject to the credit risk of FWD Life. The guarantee is subject to qualifying conditions. Please refer to paragraphs 27 through 37 of Part II of the Explanatory Memorandum for details of the credit risk, guarantee features and guarantee conditions.
- You should not invest based on the information at this website alone. You should read the Explanatory Memorandum for further details and risks involved.
- For further details including the features of the Scheme and each constituent fund, the investment objectives of each constituent fund and risks involved, please refer to the details in the Explanatory Memorandum of the Scheme (as amended from time to time). If you are in doubt about the meaning or effect of the contents of the Explanatory Memorandum or any addendum thereto, you should seek professional advice.
- Investment involves risk and not all constituent funds available under the Scheme would be suitable for everyone. There is no assurance on investment returns and your investments/accrued benefits may suffer significant losses.
Sun Life MPF Basic/Comprehensive Scheme (formerly called FWD MPF Master Trust Basic/Comprehensive Scheme)
Pension Specialists at Your Service
The Trustee - Sun Life Pension Trust Limited
Sun Life Pension Trust Limited is a registered trust company, which provides corporate trust services to pension schemes and is committed to contributing its expertise to provide quality pension trust services to corporate and individual customers.
The Sponsor - Sun Life Hong Kong Limited
Sun Life Hong Kong Limited ("Sun Life") is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. Today, Sun Life provides professional financial services to approximately 1.1 million Hong Kong clients through our individual life and health, pensions, group insurance and pension third-party administration business.
The Administrator - BestServe Financial Limited
With over 20 years of local experience, the Pensions Administration business of BestServe has more than 720,000 third-party customer. BestServe serves employers, employees, self-employed persons and providers of MPF/ORSO Schemes.
The Custodian - RBC Investor Services Trust Hong Kong Limited*
RBC Investor Services Trust Hong Kong Limited provides trustee, fund administration, pension administration, custody and transfer agency services. It is an indirect subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada.
* Formerly known as "RBC Dexia Trust Services Hong Kong Limited".
Professional Multi-Fund Managers
FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited
FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (“FWD Life”) has always been committed to offering customers a comprehensive range of quality insurance products and services tailored to meet customers’ needs.
Schroder Investment Management (Hong Kong) Limited
Schroder Investment Management (Hong Kong) Limited (“Schroders”) is wholly owned by Schroders Plc, one of the world’s leading international asset management companies with a history of more than 200 years. Schroders Plc established its Hong Kong office in 1971.
FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Limited
FIL Investment Management (Hong Kong) Limited (“Fidelity”) was established in Hong Kong in 1981 and is a subsidiary of FIL Limited which has over 40 years of investment experience, serving major world markets by providing investment products and services to individuals and institutional investors outside the United States.
State Street Global Advisors Asia Limited
State Street Global Advisors Asia Limited (SSgA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation with a heritage dating back over two centuries. SSgA makes continual investments in its asset management and client service platform resulting in a client-focused, solutions-driven orientation.
Various investment options for your different investment needs
The Scheme offers constituent funds listed below (the “Constituent Fund”).
* Except for MPF Conservative Portfolio (which invests directly in permissible investments), the assets of the Constituent Funds are primarily invested in approved pooled investment funds (“APIFs”) (which are approved by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority (“MPFA”) and authorised by the Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”) and approved index-tracking collective investment schemes (“ITCISs”) (which are approved by the MPFA). Approval by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority do not imply official recommendation. Authorisation by the Securities and Futures Commission do not imply official recommendation.
** The Constituent Funds are classified into three categories in terms of risk level, namely low, medium or high risk. The risk level is an illustration of the amount of risks associated with the relevant Constituent Fund by reference to the type of investments made by the underlying APIF(s) and the underlying approved ITCISs. The risk level is for reference only and not an indication of the past or future performance of the Constituent Fund. The risk level is solely assessed by the Trustee on the assumption that equities are riskier than bonds, which in turn are riskier than cash. The risk rating will be reviewed at least annually according to the prevailing market circumstances. The actual risks associated with each Constituent Fund may differ from the projected risk level. Low risk investment portfolios are designed for clients seeking low investment return with low risk exposure. Medium risk investment portfolios are designed for clients seeking medium investment return with medium risk exposure. High risk investment portfolios are designed for client s seeking high investment return with high risk exposure.
Flexible and Convenient Services
Online Pension Services Centre
Online Pension Services Centre is an internet tool to assist employers and members to manage their MPF account more efficiently.
|Online Services for Employer||Online Services for Members|
24-hour Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) & Sun Life Retirement Scheme Hotline
You may call our Client Service Representative via Sun Life Retirement Scheme Hotline on 3183 1900 during office hours, from Monday to Friday at 9:00am to 6:00pm and Saturday at 9:00am to 1:00pm (except public holidays) or use our 24-hour IVRS offering the following services:
e-Alert Services for Members and Employers
By providing your mobile phone number or email address, you can enjoy our e-Alert Services. With this value-added service, members will receive a SMS or email notification whenever their membership enrolments have been successfully completed and their transfers of accrued benefits have been successfully transferred to their MPF account. In addition, employers will receive an email notification remind for submission of Online Remittance Statement every month.
Payroll Software for Employers
We understand how busy human resources departments are handling the large amount of day-to-day work. To support you in managing MPF administrative tasks, like handling multiple MPF schemes, preparing MPF contribution, employee termination documents and keeping all contribution records, we have partnered with Asia Pacific Soft Limited to offer Alpha Human Resources Management System (AlphaHRMS)❖. From now on, MPF administration will be nearly effortless.
❖AlphaHRMS is an application software developed and owned by Asia Pacific Soft Limited. Asia Pacific Soft Limited is neither an agent of Sun Life Hong Kong Limited nor a member of Sun Life Financial group of companies. Use of AlphaHRMS will be subject to Asia Pacific Soft Limited’s terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully prior to deciding whether to use the AlphaHRMS.
Fees and Charges
|Withdrawal charge||:||Currently waived 1 & 2|
|Bid / Offer Spread||:||Currently waived 1 & 2|
|Contribution charge||:||Currently waived 1 & 2|
|Annual Management fees and Guarantee Charge (if applicable) chargeable at Constituent Funds and Underlying Funds level||:||
1.19% - 2.485%3 (for Sun Life MPF Basic Scheme4) and
1.29% - 2.585%3 (for Sun Life MPF Comprehensive Scheme4) of net asset value
Other fees and charges: Please refer to the respective Explanatory Memorandum for further details
1 These fees and charges are currently waived until further notice by trustee.
2 Contribution charge, bid/offer spread and withdrawal charge are not applicable to Sun Life MPF Basic Scheme MPF Conservative Portfolio / Sun Life MPF Comprehensive Scheme MPF Conservative Portfolio.
3 The management fee of the US & Hong Kong Equity Portfolio under the Scheme is up to 1.3% of net asset value per annum.
4 Except Core Accumulation Portfolio and Age 65 Plus Portfolio (“DIS Funds”) under both Sun Life MPF Basic Scheme and Sun Life MPF Comprehensive Scheme. For fee information about the DIS Funds, please refer to the section of Fee Controls of Core Accumulation Portfolio and Age 65 Plus Portfolio (“DIS Funds”).
Fee Controls of Core Accumulation Portfolio and Age 65 Plus Portfolio (“DIS Funds”)
The aggregate of the payments for services of DIS Funds (“service fees”) must not, in a single day, exceed a daily rate of 0.75% per annum of the net asset value of each of the DIS Funds divided by the number of days in the year. The out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the trustee on a recurrent basis in the discharge of the trustee’s duties to provide services in relation to the DIS Funds, shall not in a single year exceed 0.2% of the net asset value of each of the DIS Funds.
The service fees covered within the fee cap include all fees for services provided by trustees, administrators, investment managers, custodians, sponsors and promoters (if any), as well as similar fees chargeable to the underlying investment funds.
The Sun Life MPF Basic Scheme Capital Guaranteed Portfolio and Sun Life MPF Comprehensive Scheme Capital Guaranteed Portfolio under the above Scheme invests its assets solely in an Approved Pooled Investment Fund in the form of insurance policy provided by FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (“FWD Life”). The guarantee is also given by FWD Life. Your investments in Sun Life MPF Basic Scheme Capital Guaranteed Portfolio and Sun Life MPF Comprehensive Scheme Capital Guaranteed Portfolio, if any, are therefore subject to the credit risk of FWD Life. The guarantee is subject to qualifying conditions. Please refer to paragraphs 27 through 37 of Part II of the Explanatory Memorandum for details of the credit risk, guarantee features and guarantee conditions.
Investment involves risks and past performance is not indicative of future performance. Investment return may rise as well as fall due to market condition and currency movement which may affect the value of investments. The value of units may vary due to changes in exchange rates between currencies. Emerging markets may involve a higher degree of risk than in developed markets and are usually more sensitive to price movements.
You are advised to read the relevant Explanatory Memorandum and the marketing materials of the Scheme for further details and risk factors prior to making any investment decision.
Issued by Sun Life Hong Kong Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda)
If you want to compare the performance of different MPF constituent funds, please visit MyMPFChoice.com – a free performance comparative platform.
At Sun Life Hong Kong, we aim to provide excellent customer service at all times.
Customer Service Hotline
(852) 2103 8928
Pensions Services Hotline
(852) 3183 1888
(for Sun Life Rainbow MPF Scheme and Sun Life Rainbow ORSO Scheme)
(852) 2971 0200
(for Sun Life MPF Master Trust)
(852) 3183 1900
(for Sun Life MPF Basic/ Comprehensive Scheme)
Group Insurance Administration Hotline
(852) 3183 2099