Terms and Conditions of eAdvice Service
By registering for eAdvice (as defined hereinafter), You understand and agree that:
- If eAdvice is applicable to You, then whenever correspondence relating to the insurance policy/policies You own or may own in the future (“Document(s)”) is issued by Sun Life Hong Kong Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) (“Sun Life”), You will receive the eAdvice service in the form of an email or push notification notifying You of the delivery of Documents exclusively to the “Policy Documents” folder of Your account in the My Sun Life HK App or My Sun Life HK Portal (collectively, the “Client Digital Platforms”) (“eAdvice”), which is the same as delivery to Your correspondence address. Once the Documents are so delivered, You will be deemed to have read them. No printed copies will be delivered to Your correspondence address unless Sun Life is instructed otherwise. You shall check Your emails and push notifications regularly for eAdvices.
- Whenever a Document appears on Sun Life’s records to be successfully delivered to Your account in the Client Digital Platforms, it is deemed to be actually delivered. You shall check Your account in the Client Digital Platforms regularly for Documents that may be delivered to the “Policy Documents” folder. Should any Document not be available for viewing, or that any error is detected, You shall promptly contact and report to Sun Life.
- Sun Life is entitled to trust that the mobile phone number and email address You have provided to it are valid and are actively in use. In case either or both of Your mobile phone number and email address is/are invalid or not actively in use such that You are not able to receive eAdvices and/or the Documents, You understand that Sun Life is not responsible for all the losses which You may suffer as a result, and Sun Life is not obliged to provide You with any printed copies of Documents. You shall inform Sun Life of any change to Your email address and mobile phone number as soon as possible.
- All Documents will be deleted after the prevailing retention period applicable to different kinds of documents in Sun Life.
- You understand and accept that the internet is not a secure medium for communication. Use of the eAdvice and the viewing of Documents in the Client Digital Platforms may be subject to risks and disruption. These terms and conditions form part of the End User License Agreement applicable to Your use of the Client Digital Platforms.
- Sun Life reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the eAdvice, and/or amend these terms and conditions of eAdvice without prior notice. You understand and accept that by continuing to use eAdvice after an amendment, You shall be deemed to have agreed on such amendment. If You do not accept the amendment, You shall immediately notify Sun Life for termination of the eAdvice.